Staying healthy is no easy thing. It can be hard at times to create a healthy regiment when you have a demanding job that requires you to work late or you haven’t gotten in the habit of maintaining a healthy and balanced life. Don’t fret; we’re not perfect and sometimes sticking to a plan without a constant reminder is difficult.
Here is a 10 step regiment to follow in order to get you back on your feet:
1. Exercise at least two to three times a week. This is so important because it relieves stress and levels your body, allowing you to stay fit.
2. Eat a salad for lunch or with dinner four times a week. This may seem like a lot, but it’s quite easy once you get in the habit. Buy a bag of baby spinach, add tomatoes and your favorite dressing and you’re done!
3. Get a check up once a year. This will keep you in the loop with your body and aware of anything that’s going wrong.
4. Get your sleep. 7-8 hours of sleep is recommended each night.
5. Drink plenty of water. Studies indicate that if you are thirsty, your body is already dehydrated.
6. Take a multivitamin. This will provide you with all the nutrients you need.
7. Keep your skin hydrated and moisturized. Also, make sure SPF 15 sunblock is included during the hot, sunny summer months.
Part of being healthy is not only taking care of your body, but your soul as well.
8. Surround yourself with positive people that will inspire and motivate you. When you’re surrounded by negative people, you’re not happy and don’t get much pleasure out of life.
9. Read books and magazines like Self that help you figure out ways to be healthy inside and out.
10. Call your family once a week. They are the people that love you the most so show them some love and get love back. Sometimes on stressful days, you need to hear a familiar voice to keep your head up.