Are you wondering what to get your guy for v-day? If you’ve been with him for a long time, you may want to aim for something memorable, like cooking a nice candlelit dinner with dessert or taking a romantic getaway. And if you’ve been dating for a short time, a trip to the movies to see Valentine’s Day or a nice card would do.
Traditionally, Valentine’s Day has been known as a day when women get lots of flowers, teddy bears, heart-shaped chocolate boxes and sweet heart-shaped candies. This year, why not do something different? Plan a romantic weekend getaway, cook a nice meal, or surprise him with a gift that says how much you care for him. If it’s a guy that you truly care about, it is totally worth it to show him how much you care and trust him, and he’ll most likely do the same.
Gift ideas if you’ve been together for a long time:
- Mariah & Nick enjoying themselves on a beach
1. Plan a romantic getaway together: Mariah and Nick planned a trip overseas to enjoy each other’s company. This is a great way to ignite your love for one another, on a beach, with no one else around… ahhh how romantic.
2. Dinner, Dessert & Champagne: Nothing is more romantic than dinner, dessert and champagne to toast off the evening. Channing and Jenna recently spent a romantic evening together in Las Vegas with a bottle of champagne. Don’t they look so much in love?
Channing & Jenna toast to their love!
For those of you crushing on a guy, don’t go too far out of your way to do anything for him because you might be disappointed if he doesn’t reciprocate. A simple card is a nice gesture that says you’re interested, but he needs to take it to the next level. You want to see if he cares for you, but you don’t want to invest in someone that you’re not sure about. If he wants to take you out to a basketball game, that’d be perfect! It’s a date, but you’re going out publicly, and that’s exactly what you want to do with a crush. Remember: Let him plan this day and do all the work.
Gift idea if you’re interested in a guy:
1. A nice card that says “Be mine”
2. Go to a basketball Game: If your guy crush is a sports guy, he’ll want to go to a game or want to go somewhere outdoors. This is a great way to show you care for him, but it doesn’t involve you doing too much.
Zac & Vanessa, sharing a kodak moment at a game.
If you’ve been dating for a short while, a dinner and movie would be a romantic thing to do that may take your relationship to the next level. The key thing is to use your womanly intuition to tell you if you’re doing the right thing. If he’s a good guy, he’ll think of you and everything will fall into place.
Gift idea if you’ve been dating for a couple months:
1. Dinner & Movie: a traditional dinner and movie date is the ideal thing for you two love birds to do. It shows you both care and want to keep it simple.